Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Last days

I am so busy preparing for the workshop in Cyprus and I have so much to do but yesterday, just not in a perfect timing I found Cotinus leaves. This plant is very rare in Israel and not suitable for hot climates like ours and although the treasury does not really came at the right time I could not give up the attempt.
I made this morning some bundles. most of them will wait until I get back but I was very curious and immediately opened two of them. One with wool and the other with silk.

If I already wasted my time on dyeing :) I've included to the celebration of the attempts another plant. Grevillea Robusta or Silky Oak or Australian Silver Oak.
Actually, I saw it just recently on one of Fabbiene's latest print and I immediately recognized it because we have two trees like it on our street and this is also very common tree here.

Enjoy the picture, I'm going back to the preparations. Time is short and the task is great.
Monday morning after one hour flight I will join Vilte in Aphrodite's island.




















7 comments:

  1. such beautiful prints and colors.........
    So good you found the Cotinus because it makes the most wonderful prints. I managed to get blue prints on paper while ago.
    Enjoy Cyprus Irit and return home safely with lots of beautiful foto's...........
    XXXm

    ReplyDelete
  2. exquisite! Thanks so much for taking the time to share ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful results! Great as usual :-). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Irit, I am really really curious :) what will come out of printing with both euca and cotinus, I imagine some marvellous colors. Good luck in Cyprus too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO...SO...SO...WONDERFUL PRINTS!!! CONGRATULATIONS! GOD BLESS YOU FOREVER...YOU ARE SPECIAL... I´LL TRY THIS TECHINIQUE...THANKS SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete